Monday, July 18, 2011

Awaiting the Journey

Hello, All. Thanks for reading my blog! The time has almost come to board the Lake Guardian. I have many things passing through my mind. Right now I feel like I am scrambling to get my ducks in a row before I leave; putting the house back together after the kitchen remodel for the pet sitters, finishing up projects for work, and that little thing called PACKING!! I don’t think I’ll have time to wrap my head around this trip until I’m actually on the Lake Guardian!

What I’m curious about:
The mission
What exactly am I going to do on this trip? What will our objectives be? What kind of gear will I use? What kind of critters will I get to paw through in the mud? What will I find? How will I be able to apply it at work and with local schools?

The life
Will there be strong coffee? What will living in such close corners with so many other people be like? Will they mind my frequent & spirited sleep talking? Will I get the top bunk? Will I get nauseous rocking in the waves all day? What if a huge storm arises? How big is too big for navigable waves? Who am I going to meet?


Overall, I’m simply excited at this point. I’m not sure what my schedule is going to look like, but hope to keep you all posted often on my adventures here through text, pictures, and hopefully videos. Should be the adventure of a life time!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm very excited for you!!...Stay Safe, Hold Tight and God Speed...Aunt Jacqui (:o)

    ReplyDelete